Elon iMedia “Project for the Public Good” fly-in project based in Matanzas, Cuba.
See the full site at www.visionaryhe.art
Role: Project Manager
- Coordinated the efforts of six fellow iMedia graduate students both on-site in Matanzas, Cuba and in studio at Elon University to design and deliver a website, documentary-style videos, and an interactive infographic.
- Wrote interview questions to be asked and filmed while on-site in Cuba.
- Held daily meetings to establish project status and needs; adjusted project schedule accordingly.
- Ensured consistency of design elements and theming throughout all aspects of the projects.
- Assisted with web development as needed for troubleshooting and creation of auxiliary features.
- Designed project logo in collaboration with team members.
- Arranged and advised in meetings to discuss the website’s information architecture and UI design.
- Wrote and proofread content for the behind-the-scenes blog.
- Coordinated audio translation efforts and assisted in identifying appropriate video timecodes for desired statements.
See the behind-the-scenes blog at https://teamcuba19.home.blog/
Website landing page and primary navigation pages
Navigation Menu Brushstroke Animation
The initial version of the menu animation was drafted on Codepen. Try it below:
See the Pen Brushstroke_Behind_Nav by Katie Jostes (@kjostes_elon) on CodePen.