EVILackey Application Design and Prototype
A screen capture of the interactive prototype made in Adobe XD.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe XD
Design and prototype a personal assistant-style app with a specific user group in mind.
The group I chose as the focus for this project was evil villains.
As an assistant to an evil villain, the app was named EVILackey.
A persona was created to inform the needs and goals of a standard user (see below).
Statement of Features
A feature which allows for villains to dispatch henchmen teams with specific tasks, locations, and groupings. Villains can also organize their individual henchmen into teams, and can sort/filter their henchmen by ability levels for easier team assignment.
- Logistical aid for coordinating subordinates
- Comprehensive list of available henchmen
- Sorting/Filtering of henchmen by abilities
A feature where villains can write and save their monologue ideas based on various scenarios.
- Organized place to write and access previously written monologues
- Easy reference for rehearsal or use during a forgetful spell
- A wide range of scenarios to be prepared for any circumstance.
Evil Plot Progress Tracking
A quick-reference of a villain’s main goal and their progress towards that goal, as well as a means for them to set sub-goals to give them tangible steps on the path towards success.
- Goal setting
- Progress Tracking
Hero Weakness Analysis
A collection of hero profiles and their known weakness, suspected weaknesses, and allies.
- Information to devise better evil plans and bring about the demise of the heroes that stand in the way of a villain’s goals.
App Features, Information Architecture, and Rough Mockups
Iterating on Mockup Designs and User Flow
Creating High-Fidelity Mockups
Mockups assembled in Photoshop, assets created in Illustrator.
These mockups were then imported to Adobe XD, which was used to create a wireframe/prototype.
This prototype resulted in the video featured at the top of this page.